Jay’s ready to go to work for you.
He will work with the community to find common sense solutions for issues facing Reno today.
As a political outsider, it’s time voters in Ward 2 elect a councilmember who understands their frustrations and has the courage to speak up for them. Those that know Jay Kenny know that he will stand up and he will stand out and he won’t settle for the status quo. He will stand up to the special interests at City Hall.
Jay recognizes the demand for increased accessibility to workforce housing. As your next council member, he will fight to move the city to commit to efficient infill development within the McCarran loop, implement the city’s master plan as it is intended, and work with stakeholders to brainstorm innovative ways to find suitable housing for our community’s essential workforce.
Strengthening Reno’s workforce must remain a major part of our economic recovery plan. Businesses need consistency and predictability to reinvest in their businesses and their employees, and with my small business experience and longtime community engagement, I can provide the leadership necessary to restore confidence in the council’s ability to rebuild an economy that works for everyone.
Jay can help lead the effort to find and implement solutions for workforce housing and public safety because both are important for Reno’s recovery from the pandemic and for our sustainable future.
As a Reno City Councilmember, Jay will work to:
- Increase accessibility to workforce housing.
- Assist Washoe County with their efforts to reduce our region’s homeless population.
- Actively engage with his fellow councilmembers and the community to implement smart growth solutions.
- Secure funding for more officers on the streets and more training to serve our growing community.
- Work with economic development leaders and entrepreneurs to create a business environment that fosters job growth.
Jay believes that when the city can help businesses and our community, it should. And when it can’t, it should get out of the way. Jay’s reliable. Jay’s dependable. He will get things done and he is ready to go to work for you.